Where your appearance and first impressions are concerned, nothing is more apparent or influential than your smile. Not only can your smile significantly change your life, it could also help you in achieving some of your long-term goals. If you’ve been searching for a better way to enhance your appearance and your smile, you should consider undergoing a cosmetic dentistry procedure. Additionally, if you have budget concerns, there is a variety of procedures that you can choose from. Consider the following.
- Bridges and crowns – when you have had another dental procedure such as a root canal, these will help to fully restore the tooth. We recommend crowns for replacing larger portions of teeth that have been removed. Crowns are usually recommended as bridge attachments, as a cover for an implant, to prevent cracked teeth from worsening, and to restore discolored or stained teeth.
- Dental bonding – if you’re looking for a cheaper cosmetic dentistry alternative, this is an option to consider. The dentist glues a composite material (usually resin) to the tooth and then shapes it so that when it hardens, any cracks in your teeth or other imperfections such as gaps are no longer noticeable.
- Dental implants – for a permanent tooth replacement solution, we oftentimes recommend dental implants. This is a surgical procedure wherein the dentist places a titanium screw into your jawbone and then attaches a crown (artificial tooth) to it.
- Teeth whitening – this is one of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures that we perform. It typically includes laser whitening, whitening gels, and other whitening solutions that can be obtained from your dentist or over the counter. Keep in mind that the products your dentist offers will be considerably stronger.
- Veneers – for a highly attractive, perfect looking smile, this is the best cosmetic dentistry option to consider. These thin, porcelain materials provide a covering for cracked, crooked, discolored, and stained teeth. They can even help to conceal other defects and eliminate gaps between your teeth.
In order to determine which cosmetic dentistry is right for you, you should visit our dental office or make an appointment with one of our dentists. It is always best to get professional advice instead of making this type of decision on your own.